22nd Nordic Conference on Computational Linguistics (NoDaLiDa)
September 30 – October 2, 2019 University of Turku, Turku, Finland
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
The Northern European Association for Language Technology (NEALT) invites proposals for workshops at its bi-annual conference on human language and speech technologies. NoDaLiDa 2019 will be held between September 30 and October 2, 2019 on the campus of the University of Turku in Finland.
NoDaLiDa addresses all aspects of natural language processing, speech recognition and synthesis and computational linguistics, including work in closely-related neighboring disciplines (such as, for example, machine learning, linguistics or psychology) that is sufficiently formalized or applied to bear relevance to speech and language technologies.
We invite proposals for workshops, to be held on Monday, September 30, 2019, immediately preceding the main conference. Workshops can be either scheduled for a full day (morning and afternoon) or for half a day. Workshop proposals can be submitted in free-text form, anytime before Monday, February 25, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop proposals must include adequate information on at least the following aspects:
- proposed workshop title
- topic and goals of the workshop
- target group and estimated attendance
- workshop organizer(s) and contact(s)
- mode of organization and program design
- Monday, February 25, 2019: Submission of workshop proposals
- Monday, March 18, 2019: Notification of workshop selection
- August 2, 2019: Recommended workshop paper submission deadline
- Friday, September 6, 2019: Camera-ready workshop papers due
- Monday, September 30, 2019: Pre-conference workshops
Organizers of accepted proposals will be responsible for publicizing and running the workshop, including sending out calls for papers, reviewing submissions, producing the camera ready workshop proceedings, and organizing the meeting days.
The assessment and selection of workshop proposals will be made by the NoDaLiDa 2019 Workshop Chairs.
- Richard Johansson, University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Kairit Sirts, University of Tartu, Estonia
To inquire about the workshop submission process or any practical aspect about the organization of workshops, please email email@example.com.
- Barbara Plank (General Chair), IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Filip Ginter (Local Chair), University of Turku, Finland
- Mareike Hartmann (Publication Chair), University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Richard Johansson (Workshop Chair), Chalmers Technical University and University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Jenna Kanerva (Local Chair), University of Turku, Finland
- Jurgita Kapočiūtė-Dzikienė, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
- Miryam de Lhoneux (Social Media Chair), Uppsala University, Sweden
- Hrafn Loftsson, Reykjavík University, Iceland
- Patrizia Paggio, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Kairit Sirts (Workshop Chair), University of Tartu, Estonia
- Jörg Tiedemann, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Erik Velldal, University of Oslo, Norway
For any question about the conference in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NoDaLiDa